Want to get rid of that pesky fat that can build up on the back side of the arm? Well, I’ve got the perfect exercise that will have your arms toned up and looking great. It’s a dumbbell tricep extension that actually uses the cab of the truck as a prop to help you isolate the back side of your arm to burn fat!
Watch the short video below to see how it’s done. Also note that while I chose to demonstrate this tricep extension exercise outside of the truck, it’s one that requires very little space and would be easy to do inside the truck as well.
What Exercise Equipment Is Needed?
For this version of tricep extensions, all that’s needed is a set of dumbbells. In fact, in this particular dumbbell exercise only a single dumbbell is required. But, we’ve got plenty of other dumbbell exercises so you might as well pick up a pair of them here for right around $15-$20. Since they don’t take up much space in the truck, it’ll make for a great investment in your health. In the video, I’m using the vinyl dumbbells. I highly recommend the vinyl version because of the durability and soft feel.
#HTWorkout Quick Tip
Remember, the truck is your friend so use it as a prop for this exercise to help isolate the triceps by leaning on it and even resting a foot on the step for comfort. Also note that this is meant to be a toning exercise. This means more reps is going to be of greater benefit than more weight.
How To Do Tricep Extensions Using Dumbbells
1. Start by placing 1 dumbbell in left hand with right leg on step of truck and right arm rested against cab
2. Raise left arm with dumbbell to 90 degree position
3. Extend left arm straight holding dumbbell then return to starting 90 degree position
Repeat for 4 sets of 10-12 reps each or until you feel a good burn in each tricep. Remember to maintain a smooth, controlled motion and avoid swinging the dumbbell for maximum benefit.
Truck Drivers: Add These Other Exercises To Your Workout Routine
- More Dumbbell Exercises For Truckers – How To Do Squat Press
- Build Biceps With 3 Dumbbell Curl Exercises
- Turn a Push-Up Into a Row with this Trucker Workout
- Get a Jump on Getting in Shape: Jump Rope Exercises for Truckers