This week we have an awesome bodyweight exercise routine planned for #WorkoutWednesday. The 4 exercises in this routine are the perfect mix of muscle strengthening and cardio. What that means to you is one incredible workout! Best of all, these bodyweight exercises for truck drivers can be done anywhere, anytime with no equipment needed (yoga mat is optional). Go ahead and watch the video below to see what we’ve got in store for you today…
WATCH: 4 Step Bodyweight Exercise & Cardio Workout Routine for Truckers
What Exercise Equipment Is Needed?
Exercise equipment is not required for these bodyweight exercises for truck drivers, but one thing that is nice to have is a yoga mat. While it’s not absolutely necessary, let’s face it – sometimes you just don’t want to have those pretty hands and faces near places where the truck is parked…LOL The bottom line is that a nice yoga mat is well worth the investment as it can be used to add comfort to other exercises in a truck driver’s workout routine as well. Pick one up in whatever color suits your taste right here for around $20.
#HTWorkout Quick Tip
Before we get into how to do these 4 bodyweight exercises, let’s cover our quick tip. While these exercises are all done in one small space, they do involve a lot of moving around. Part of getting in the cardio is moving from exercise to exercise quickly, however, do not push yourself until the routine is comfortable.
In the video above, I go through each exercise slowly before speeding things up. I recommend you do the same, especially if most of these are new to you. This will help prevent injury and lead to far better results.
4 Part Bodyweight Exercise & Cardio Routine Includes:
- Push Ups
- Mountain Climbers
Now, let’s move step-by-step through the complete 4 part workout routine for truckers…
How To Do Push Ups
- Get into plank position, with hands under but slightly outside of shoulders.
- Lower body until your chest comes very close to touching yoga mat or ground.
- While lowering down, tuck elbows by pulling them close to body so that upper arms form a 45-degree angle when torso is in the bottom position of push up.
- Pause, then push to explode back to the starting position.
Repeat this each time while keeping the core engaged throughout the movement.
How To Do Crunches
- Lie flat on the ground or yoga mat with knees bent, and feet flat. Loosely cross arms across your chest or cup hands behind head.
- Start the movement by contracting abdominal muscles. While exhaling, slowly lift shoulders off the floor, but be sure to keep neck and back in alignment. Shoot to raise up a distance of 4 to 6 inches from the floor and hold the position for several seconds.
- Begin inhaling, and slowly lower yourself back to the ground, maintaining back and neck alignment.
NOTE: In the video, you’ll notice I have my feet raised off the ground. This is optional, but will help engage the core more during the exercise.
How To Do Mountain Climbers
- Place hands on ground or yoga mat, slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Position one leg forward bent under body and extend other leg back.
- While holding upper body in place, alternate leg positions by pushing hips up while immediately extending forward leg back and pulling rear leg forward under body, landing on both forefeet simultaneously.
How To Do Burpees
- Stand up straight with feet shoulder width apart.
- Move into squat position with hand on ground in front of you.
- Kick feet back into pushup position and lower back down to ground.
- Quickly return feet back into squat position
- Immediately jump up into the air as high as possible
Whooo! That completes our 4 step bodyweight exercise and cardio workout routine for truck drivers. I can promise you that this one will get the heart pumping and the blood flowing while leaving you wanting more! Remember, if this is all new to you it’s important to take it easy and not get frustrated. Once you get this routine down, it’ll instantly become a favorite quick, effective workout.
Wait…You’re Just Getting Started! Don’t Miss These Workout Wednesday Routines:
- 2 Ways To Tone Up Those Chest Muscles
- 30 Minute Full Body Workout for Truckers Using Only Dumbbells
- Banish Belly Fat With This V-Up Exercise
- 10 Trans4mer Exercises for Truckers
- Lose The Love Handles With These Trunk Twists
- Roll Out Sore Muscles, Aches, and Pains During Exercise
- Find Your Missing 6-Pack with These Ab Exercises
- More Dumbbell Exercises For Truckers – How To Do Squat Press
- Build Biceps With 3 Dumbbell Curl Exercises
- Turn a Push-Up Into a Row with this Trucker Workout
- Get a Jump on Getting in Shape: Jump Rope Exercises for Truckers
- Tearing Up the Tricep Extensions – Time To Burn Some Arm Fat!